Here are some reasons you might need Land Surveying
- So that you can see exactly what you are buying or selling.
- To determine if there are easement lines for utilities such as water, sewer, drainage ways, power lines, etc. on your property.
- To know if there are any encroachments like driveways, fences or buildings on the property.
- To know the exact property line measurements and the precise locations of all structures, fences, or driveways related to those property lines.
- To determine if you are in a floodplain.
- To be able to put up a fence on your property in the correct location.
- To subdivide your property to divide it among family members.
- To make sure the building you’re constructing is on the lot, within the setback lines, and not encroaching on any easement lines.
- To determine if your lot is usable for an onsite septic system. (While technically not a survey, these are commonly done by surveyors.)
Phone: 256-854-9503 Fax: 256-362-5377
Wm. Allen Maxwell, PLS Lic. #23007 Cell Phone: 256-223-1437
Johnny E. Maxwell, PLS Lic. #21174 Cell Phone: 256-223-1439