Here are some reasons you might need a Survey…
- So that you can see exactly what you are buying or selling.
- To determine if there are easement lines for utilities such as water, sewer, drainage ways, power lines, etc. on your property.
- To know if there are any encroachments like driveways, fences or buildings on the property.
- To know the exact property line measurements and the precise locations of all structures, fences, or driveways related to those property lines.
- To determine if you are in a floodplain.
- To be able to put up a fence on your property in the correct location.
- To subdivide your property to divide it among family members.
- To make sure the building you are constructing is on the lot, within the setback lines, and not encroaching on any easement lines.
- To determine if your lot is usable for an onsite septic system. (While technically not a survey, these are commonly done by surveyors.)
Call Maxwell Land Surveying at (256) 854-9503 or send us an e-mail with your name, address and phone number to email@example.com to discuss your land surveying needs.